PARKHOTEL Vrbno was originally built for one of the Grohmann brothers, entrepreneurs in Vrbno pod Pradědem (formerly Wirbenthal), who owned a metalworking plant, glassworks and textile production – production of shoelaces and linen fabrics.
The building dates back to the beginning of the 20th century, to 1903 or 1908, and was allegedly designed by the Viennese architect Josef Hoffmann. The exact details are currently being ascertained.
After 1948, the villa was converted into flats, and after the Velvet Revolution in 1991, it was bought by Czech-German owners, Mrs Renata Johnová from Vrbno pod Pradědem and German citizen Erwin Bardutzky. They had the villa converted into a hotel and furnished it with antique furniture, most of which represents the present state.
This building with a park and a pond was bought in 2020 by the entrepreneur Ing. Petr Gross from Vrbno pod Pradědem. He renovated the entire building, including the renovation of the cellar, in which he created a restaurant with a kitchen.
The previous owners had not operated the hotel in recent years. Therefore, it was necessary to renovate mainly the bathrooms, including the drain pipes and other plumbing, which showed significant defects. The renovation of the entire building was undertaken by Ing. arch. Denisa Barvíková from the Ostrava company d21 architekti s.r.o.